Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants (DUII) Diversion Treatment
Our drug and alcohol treatment program is state-certified to provide a DUII Diversion program for adult men and women. Our DUII treatment approach is client centered providing individually tailored services in response to identified needs. We support and assist our clients with dignity and respect so that they may learn to help themselves and continue to grow.
We believe that drug and alcohol addiction is a progressive, chronic, and potentially deadly disease. We believe everyone has the right and ability to lead a sober and meaningful life. What we ask from our clients is a sincere commitment to abstain from alcohol and drugs and to follow through with their recovery program.
While in treatment, our counselors collaborate with clients to:
- Develop an individualized service and support plan
Address challenges clients may encounter during their recovery
- Support clients in working through new and sometimes uncomfortable feelings that arise as part of a journey of recovery
- Encourage and support clients in making healthy decisions and cultivating healthy relationships
- Clients must complete an assessment with a court-approved Alcohol and Drug Screening Specialist (ADSS) before beginning a DUII diversion program.
- Clients complete a request form by telephone or in person in order to start the DUII intake process.
- Each client is assigned to a counselor who will establish an individualized treatment plan which includes groups and individual sessions.
- A counselor will support their client in identifying issues impacting their wellbeing, and helping the client understand the resources available to them, both at COI and in the broader community.
- Their counselor will encourage and support the client in making healthy decisions and cultivating healthy relationships.
- Clients will be required to maintain sobriety from drugs and alcohol while in the DUII program, and provide samples for Urine Analysis and Breathalyzer tests randomly as requested.
We expect our DUII Diversion clients to:
- Be active participants in their recovery program
- Follow through on their services and support goals
Our DUII Diversion program includes individual therapy and treatment groups on topics such as: relapse prevention; alcohol and drug education; creating healthy support systems; mindfulness; and other related issues.
Our counselors help identify client’s needs and concerns, and support clients to take advantage of COI’s extensive wrap-around services:
- Transitional housing for men, women, and families with children
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Case management services
- Nature-based childcare
- Parenting classes
- Medical & dental clinics including clinics for uninsured individuals
- Food pantry
For services that are not provided at COI, counselors work with clients to provide referrals as appropriate. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our main line at (541) 758-3000.