Alcohol and Drug Treatment
Outpatient Alcohol & Drug Abuse Treatment (ASSETS Program)
Community Outreach is committed to provide the highest quality of comprehensive and integrated services to low-income community members. Our treatment approach is client centered providing individually tailored services to all clients. We support and assist our clients with dignity and respect so that they may learn to help themselves and continue to grow emotionally.
We believe that drug and alcohol addiction is a progressive, chronic, and potentially deadly disease. We believe everybody has the right and ability to lead a sober and meaningful life. What we ask from our clients is a sincere desire to abstain from alcohol and drugs and to follow through with their recovery program.
We offer Intensive Outpatient Services, Outpatient Services, and DUII Services to our clients. We are particularly sensitive to the treatment needs of pregnant and post-partum women and women with children.
In our Outpatient Treatment Services our counselors:
- Develop an individualized service and support plan with every client
- Work closely with every client to address barriers they may encounter during treatment
- Support clients in working through new and sometimes uncomfortable feelings they are likely to encounter on their sober journey
- Encourage and support clients in making healthy decisions
We expect our ASSETS clients to:
- Be active participants in their recovery program
- Follow through on their services and support goals
The ASSETS Program includes individual therapy and treatment groups on topics such as: grief and loss; relapse prevention; rational emotive therapy; alcohol and drug education; women’s issues; men’s issues; creating healthy support systems; mindfulness and meditation; and related issues.
We believe that our clients benefit from a comprehensive and integrated treatment approach.
We encourage all our ASSETS clients to take advantage of COI’s extensive wrap-around services:
- Supportive housing while in treatment for men, women, and families with children
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Domestic violence counseling
- Extensive case management services
- Nature-based childcare
- Parenting classes
- Abuse intervention services
- Medical clinic for uninsured clients
- Food pantry