“Helping People Help Themselves Lead Healthy and Productive Lives.”
COI, by Creating Transformative and Supportive Pathways to Life – Helps People Help Themselves Lead Healthy and Productive Lives. COI’s responds to human needs and serves people with respect, integrity, dignity, and without discrimination. Our Vision and Mission are the guide for small-and large-scale daily activities at COI.
With a client-centered approach and collaborating with other agencies to create a comprehensive continuum of care, COI’s programs are built for individuals and families to move toward holistic health in a transformative fashion.
Regardless of their personal circumstances, we believe that everyone, when empowered with skills, knowledge, and pathways for life, will be equipped to help themselves lead healthy and productive lives.
Are the basis for our interactions, apply to everyone, ensure clarity in our communications, and preserve effective work dynamics. They apply in all situations we encounter.
- Presume Goodness: We presume good intentions.
- Honor: We regard each other with dignity in honor and respect.
- Listen/Understand: We first listen to understand. We communicate concisely with focus.
- Truth: We are truthful, authentic, transparent, and honest.
- Principles First: We place principles before personality and make allowance for our differences.
- Solutions: We are solution focused. We keep a “parking lot” of things needing resolution.
- Accountability: We practice accountability with grace.
- Go direct: We go first to each other to resolve conflict.
- Speak to edify: We speak words that edify each other.
- Creativity: We hold each other’s creativity and ideas gently.
- Serve: We seek to serve well.
- Community: We place our common welfare first; impact on resident/clients, staff, and COI collectively must be considered.